Event-B XText Front-end
Return to Rodin Plug-ins
The Event-B XText front-end provides text editors for XContexts and and XMachines which then compiled automatically to Event-B contexts and machines.
Please have a look also at the Event-B XText Front-end User Guide.
The Event-B XText front-end is available as a separate plug-in from the main Rodin update site (under the Editor category).
The Event-B XText editors (i.e., XContext and XMachine editors) do not work directly on the Rodin files. Instead, they operate on the separate XContext and XMachine and they are compiled to the Rodin files.
A basic overview
The Rodin Editor might not be the 'preferred' editor that Rodin uses to open your Event-B models.
Thus, to open a component (e.g. a machine, a context, etc.), right-click on it and select Open with > Rodin Editor.
The context component is then opened with the Rodin Editor.
On the figure above, you see the context component.
- The user is editing the axiom axm8 and we see that the text is black and the background is grayed. This is the actually the overlay editor, that is open to edit the predicate contained by the axiom axm8.
- There are buttons in the left ruler to fold some elements.
- The comments are preceeded by the character ' › ' to indicate where to click for edition.
- The other attributes are inlined as grayed text.
- Note that : some attributes have type boolean, thus change value on click, and some attributes are choice attributes thus display a list of clickable values (see the image below) on click.
For more details, please go to the Rodin Editor User Guide.