How To Contribute
What are the main community channels?
Beside the mailing lists, you may want to follow:
- the #rodin channel on irc://irc.freenode.net
- the commit RSS feed on cia.vc,
- one of the sourceforge RSS feed,
- the Main Page of this very site.
The Village Pump may also be useful for everything which is more or less wiki related.
How do I get current source code?
You may get the whole Rodin Platform and most of associated Rodin Plug-ins from Subversion on SourceForge using URL https://rodin-b-sharp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rodin-b-sharp.
To compile the core platform from sources fetched from Subversion, download the latest stable version of Eclipse Classic and install the Subclipse plug-ins. Then, follow this procedure to fetch the source plug-ins from Subversion:
- select and click
- tick and click
- in the Url field, enter https://rodin-b-sharp.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rodin-b-sharp and click
- after a while, a tree appears. Select folder trunk/RodinCore/org.rodinp.releng in the tree and click
- select and click
- click and select file rodin-core.psf in project org.eclipse.releng, then click
After a long while (around a quarter of an hour), all projects of the core Rodin platform have been retrieved from Subversion into your workspace.
You can retrieve the test plug-ins of the core platform in a similar way by repeating the last three steps but selecting file rodin-tests.psf instead.
Note: The repository was formerly CVS which is still available read-only. It is not possible to commit to the CVS repository anymore. More information is available in the Switch from CVS to Subversion page.
How do I launch the Rodin Platform from Eclipse?
Normally, you should be able to launch the Rodin Platform by launching Rodin.product in org.rodinp.platform as an Eclipse application. At the time of writing (June 11, 2009), the platform crashes, because not all the required plug-ins are included.
A workaround is to include all workspace and enabled target plug-ins in the run configuration:
- go to run -> run configurations
- select the newly generated run configuration
- go to the tab "plug-ins"
- Choose: "launch with: all workspace and enabled target plug-ins in the run configuration"
How can I access or create Rodin elements like projects, components or proofs?
This section illustrates some of the things you are likely to want to do in your plug-ins if you are extending the Rodin platform.
- How To Contribute
- How do I start a new development.
- How to read Rodin projects and elements programmatically.
- How to create Rodin projects programmatically.
- How to access Proof Obligations.
- How to add automatic or manual inference reasoners.
- How to add automatic or manual rewrite reasoners.
- How to make extensions to Rodin features.
How do I propose a patch?
You may find useful directions and good practises in the page describing how to submit patches.
How do I report a bug or a feature request?
You may use sourceforge bug and feature tracker. Please verify that your bug has not already been reported before submitting it.You may want to submit a partial or full log which you can find in the following file