Welcome to the village pump. This page is used to discuss the technical issues, policies, and operations of this wiki. Please sign and date your post (by typing ~~~~)
Village pump creation
Hello, this place is now created as a standard wiki page that any user can modify. Please post your suggestions, questions or piece of information bellow, by adding a new sub-section (using == xxx == markup). Mathieu 11:17, 3 July 2008 (BST)
Proposal for categories
I've started to categorize existing pages with the following categories:
- Category:Developer Documentation (1 member)
- Category:Event-B (1 member)
- Category:Plugin (10 members)
- Category:Rodin Platform (10 members)
- Category:Tutorial (1 member)
- Category:User Documentation (20 members)
- Category:User Manual (9 members)
You can use them (or any other one) by adding [[Category:Category Name]] or [[Category:Category Name|Name displayed in the Category page]] at the end of any wiki page Mathieu 11:17, 3 July 2008 (BST)
- Categories were renamed to be coherent and now, only the first word is capitalized.
- At any time you can see the list of used categories at Special:Categories. Mathieu 09:31, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
Previous latex documentation being imported
Hello, I'm in the process of importing existing latex documentation into this wiki.
While doing so, those documents may not render well (images not uploaded, math formulas not displayed, ...). I'll announce here when I'm finished with the process of tweaking my import process and the resulting pages. Thank you for your patience. Mathieu 11:38, 3 July 2008 (BST)
Uploading ZIP files ?
Dear Sysops, would it be possible to tweak the wiki configuration in such a manner that it become possible to upload zip files (for example, the models used throughout the tutorial) ? Best regards,Mathieu 23:34, 4 July 2008 (BST)
- Could you also please consider adding the SVG extension .Mathieu 23:49, 4 July 2008 (BST)
Category for files waiting to be deleted
Hello, in the process of uploading images for the user manual, I uploaded some wrong files. I've then created the To delete category, in order to reference file that can be deleted without prior notification, by a wiki administrator.Mathieu 16:41, 6 July 2008 (BST)
In the process of translating the Event-B Mathematical Language to the wiki, I wonder what would be the best way to port graphs to the wiki.
Either we upload them as images, and we describe how to produce such image (i.e. the latex way), or we translate them into another language understand by a mediawiki extension (for example graphviz). Any advice ? Mathieu 16:45, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
Proposal for Main Page
Link within a page
I have a simple question. Is there a way to have a link to a specific place in a document (rather to a document itself)? -- htson 08:56, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, you may use Anchors, and reference them by using the [[Page Name#Anchor Name|Displayed text]] syntax.
- headers automatically become html anchors, which can be linked to.
- The <a> tag is not allowed in MediaWiki, so we can't do the <a name="link here">, but we can do the "id" html attribute to almost any existing tag. For example, <div id="what_to_link_to">text</div> or <div id="what_to_link_to"/>text.
- Hope this helps, Mathieu 09:07, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
- I've also added the following templates that may be of some help: Template:Anchor, Template:There and Template:Here (copied for wikipedia). Mathieu 13:33, 11 September 2008 (UTC)
Michael Jastram has put up a page to collect Scenarios for Team-based Development. I added some thoughts on the talk page. Please do not hesitate to read, react and contribute. Mathieu 09:14, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
Main page proposal
- Main page was updated according to the the proposed layout. Mathieu 11:05, 10 November 2008 (UTC)
Available Models Page?
How about having a page similar to Current Developments where people can advertise models they have contructed? Ideally we should have an accompanying area on sourceforge. The hardest thing about coming to Event-B/RODIN at the moment is trying to find good examples Steve 26 November 2008 (UTC).
- There is already a section on the eventb.org deploy repository where people can put models. But it would probably be nice to advertise the repository here, and also to build a section of the wiki with some descriptions of the models... I'll try to propose something in the next comming days, but in the meanwhile, feel free to start a page.
- Thank you for your contribution to the wiki. Mathieu 09:28, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
Templates for Rodin Documentation
I've quickly set up a short page listing the main templates available on this wiki. They were design with the hope to have uniform typesetting across the whole wiki. The page is: Help:Rodin templates. I'll had a short description for each of them soon. In the meanwhile you may read the documentation by clicking of the template link. Please, consider using them, and adding new one if necessary.