Rodin Platform Welcome Page
The Rodin Platform
Rodin is an open tool platform for the cost effective rigorous development of dependable complex software systems and services. This platform is based on the event-B formal method and provides natural support for refinement and mathematical proof.
This platform contributes to the Eclipse framework and is extensible using the Eclipse plug-in mechanism.
Rodin development has been partly funded by the European Commission through two RTD projects:
- project Rodin (FP6 IST project 511599), from September 2004 to October 2007,
- project Deploy (FP7 IST project 214158), since February 2008.
The development of this platform is hosted by SourceForge.
Important Installation notes
For Gnome users, recent versions of GTK introduce a bug that makes buttons not always respond to clicks. Explanations and workaround here.
To improve your proof experience, please install the third-party provers from Atelier B. This is only a few mouse-clicks away. Please proceed as follow:
- From the main menu bar, select Help > Install New Software.... The Install wizard opens.
- Uncheck the Group items by category check box.
- Uncheck the Contact all update sites during install to find required software check box.
- Click on the Work with dropdown list and select the Atelier B provers update site.
- Select Atelier B provers in the list (tick the left check boxes) and click Next.
- After some time, the Install window opens. Just click Next, and accept the terms in the license agreement.
- Click Finish. The update manager downloads the Atelier B Provers feature.
- Finally, in the next window, click Yes to restart the platform.