User:Tommy/Collections/Release Notes Template
What's New in Rodin X.X?
- General Interface
- Changes for plugin-developers
Requirements - Compatibility
- Configurations supported (and for which binaries are provided)
- Linux 32-bit
- Linux 64-bit
- Windows 32-bit
- Windows 64-bit
- Mac 64-bit
- You need to have a Java JRE (6.0 or later) installed on your computer. The Rodin product will not work with a previous version. To run Rodin 64-bit, you need a 64-bit JRE.
- To enhance your proving experience, the eclipse font settings (size, aspect...) are available from the preferences (General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts > Rodin). These settings allow you to modify the properties set on the Event-B Keyboard Text Font which is used in many views of the Proving UI. However, to enjoy these functionnalities, you need to install the Brave Sans Mono font on your system. You can download this font from the link here.
- Linux: the internal browser does not work with xulrunner-2.0 (for instance, it causes the welcome page to display a link instead of a html page and the Pretty Printer does not work); xulrunner-1.9.x must be installed.
- Linux 64-bit:
- package ia32-libs (and its dependencies) must be installed.
- Windows 64-bit:
- Atelier B provers work more slowly; it can cause ML to not automatically discharge some sequents that it discharges on windows 32-bit, due to its timeout. A workaround is to download a custom profile: DefaultAuto_ML800, then Window > Preferences > Event-B > Sequent Prover > Auto/Post Tactic > Profiles (tab) > Import..., point to the downloaded file, 'Select All' profiles (there are 2), OK. Then in 'Auto/Post Tactic' tab, select 'Default Auto Tactic Profile (ML 800)' profile for auto-tactics. It is the same as the 'Default Auto Tactic Profile', except ML has a longer timeout (800 ms). You can of course change this timeout by editing the 'ML (800)' profile.
- We have not noticed this problem for Linux 64-bit, nor for other platforms; however if you do, the same workaround applies.
TODO: VERIFY REQUIREMENTS ABOVE
TODO: Inform here of some specific system requirements (version of Java, etc).
Upgrading from Rodin 2.y.x
- download archive rodin-2.x-repo.zip
- launch Rodin 2.y.x
- Help > Install New Software... > Add... > enter a name (for instance "Rodin 2.x") then
- Archive... > select the rodin-2.x-repo.zip archive
- Mac users may have to use Local... then point to archive root directory, in case the archive was automatically unzipped
- set options in the bottom of the page:
- "Show only the latest versions of available software"
- "Hide items that are already installed"
- "Group items by category"
- "Contact all update sites..."
- the central area should now list many entries
- select "Rodin Platform", click "Next"
- a message informs "Your original request has been modified. See the details."
- "Rodin Platform" is already installed, so an update will be performed instead.
- click Next, accept license, finish and restart
TODO: Add here a list of the fixed bugs.
TODO: COPY KNOWN ISSUES FROM PREVIOUS PAGES / VERIFY
TODO: Add here a link to the SourceForge Bugs page, after filtering bugs (Assignee Any, Status Open, Category Any, Group 1.2).
Since Rodin is continuously maintained, several unsoundness bugs which have been encountered were investigated and fixed. However, despite the total commitment of our teams to ensure the soundness of the platform, some unexpected and unknown soundness issues could remain. We would be grateful if you would report these issues to the development mailing list.
Rodin Platform up to rxxxx.
Developer Release date : yyyy-mm-dd (rSVNREV).
User Release date : yyyy-mm-dd (rSVNREV).