Rodin Workshop 2021
9th Rodin User and Developer Workshop
The 9th Rodin User and Developer Workshop, 8 June, 2021, Ulm, Germany (Virtual)
The proceedings of the workshop is now available as a [technical report] at the University of Southampton.
Event-B is a formal method for system-level modelling and analysis. The Rodin Platform is an Eclipse-based toolset for Event-B that provides effective support for modelling and automated proof. The platform is open source and is further extendable with plug-ins. A range of plug-ins have already been developed.
The 9th Rodin workshop will be collocated with the ABZ 2021 Conference.
The purpose of this workshop is to bring together existing and potential users and developers of the Rodin toolset and to foster a broader community of Rodin users and developers.
For Rodin users the workshop will provide an opportunity to share tool experiences and to gain an understanding of on-going tool developments. For plug-in developers the workshop will provide an opportunity to showcase their tools and to achieve better coordination of tool development effort.
09:00 - 10:30
- Domain knowledge as Ontology-based Event-B Theories - I. Mendil, Y. Aït-Ameur, N. K. Singh, D. Méry, and P. Palanque (pdf, slides)
- OntoEventB: A Generator of Event-B contexts from Ontologies - Idir Ait-Sadoune (pdf, slides)
- EVBT — an Event-B tool for code generation and documentation - Fredrik Öhrström (pdf)
- Scenario Checker: An Event-B tool for validating abstract models - Colin Snook, Thai Son Hoang, Asieh Salehi Fathabadi, Dana Dghaym, Michael Butler (pdf, slides)
10:30 - 11:00 Break
- Context instantiation plug-in: a new approach to genericity in Rodin - Guillaume Verdier, Laurent Voisin (pdf, slides)
- Examples of using the Instantiation Plug-in - Dominique Cansell, Jean-Raymond Abrial (pdf, slides)
- Data-types definitions: Use of Theory and Context instantiations Plugins - Peter Riviere, Yamine Ait-Ameur, and Neeraj Kumar Singh (pdf, slides)
- Towards CamilleX 3.0 - Thai Son Hoang, Colin Snook, Asieh Salehi Fathabadi, Dana Dghaym, Michael Butler (pdf, slides)
- Keynote: Safety and Security Case Study Experiences with Event-B and Rodin - Jonathan Hammond, Capgemini Engineering (slides)
- Large Scale Biological Models in Rodin - Usman Sanwal, Thai Son Hoang, Luigia Petre, and Ion Petre (pdf, slides)
- Formal Verification of EULYNX Models Using Event-B and RODIN - Abdul Rasheeq, Shubhangi Salunkhe (pdf, slides)
Chair: Asieh Salehi Fathabadi, University of Southampton, UK
Co-chair: Thai Son Hoang, University of Southampton, UK
Co-chair: Colin Snook, University of Southampton, UK
Co-chair: Yamine Ait Ameur, Toulouse National Polytechnique Institute, France